Thursday, November 22, 2007

My New York City Trip

At the end of October I had a conference in New York City. The conference was the 2007 IEEE International Ultrasonics Symposium. It was a good conference and I got to meet a bunch of people from different fields.

I did not have very much time for walking around NYC but I did get a few pictures on the day that I arrived. My initial plan had been to walk to the USS Intrepid from my hotel on 53rd and 6th. Little did I know that the Intrepid was not in the dock and would not return for over a year. After learning that the Intrepid was not in port the hard way, I walked to Rockefeller center where they already had the ice in place for people to skate .

cimg2790


I walked around a bit more but there is not much more worth posting. I walked around Central Park at dusk and that was really neat and eerie place to be at dusk.

The last comment from NYC was that because I for a change was the only native English in my group I was in charge of leading around my group of Japanese colleagues. They seemed to expect I would know where to go to find a good lunch. We never got sick and we never spent more than $25 on a meal, so I guess I didn't do too bad.

After the trip I went up to Argyle for a little less than a week to work on installing smoothwall and freenas on different machines. While I was there I took this picture.

Cats and Dogs getting along

I guess cats and dogs can live together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love picturing you showing a group of Japanese colleagues around NYC. Or anyone around NYC.

And cute pet pic!