Monday, September 12, 2005

Spring in Japan

Now onto spring

Well much like the NY after a while I can't wait for spring, whether it be to get out side and bicycle a little bit, walk around or just get some fresh air. Now also like NY I think spring and summer are a little "sweeter" because you have come through a cold winter so you can appreciate the warmth and the nice weather better.

The highlight of the spring is sakura which are the cherry blossoms. The cherry blossoms that you see in Washington DC are the same as the ones here because those cherry trees were a gift from Japan. The cherry blossoms start blooming in the south where it is warmer and work their way north through the archipelago (archipelago refers to all of the Japanese islands which stretch several hundred miles). This is similar except in reverse in how the fall colors move south from the colder areas.

I have included one picture of a street with these trees in full bloom up the street.



I have several more pictures but just to put it simply they are nice to look at.

A second picture that I am including is just kind of funny that I took the same day.



I know that this guy is safe but the picture was something that I could not pass up. The guy on the ground is probably ready to take my camera away for taking this picture.

Next up Korea for Transducers'05

No comments: